If your kid is asking for a bike then why not, it will help your kids love riding as much as you do. It's a good exercise and it will keep them alert and attentive. Also, learning how to ride a bicycle is one of life’s milestones. It's a rite-of-passage and an introduction to their independence.
1. Early Rider Childrens No Pedal 14" Evo Balance Bike - Early Rider is an award-winning bicycle maker for kids based in Britain. The Early Rider Childrens Evo Balance Bike Classic is their flagship wooden bike. It has a low centre of gravity to make it stable so that it's easier for kids to handle the bike. It weighs 9.37lbs( 4.25kgs) and it is designed with two levels of steering, restricted and unrestricted. It is one of the coolest balance bike in the market.
- Suggested age 2 - 5 yr
Early Rider Childrens Evo Balance Bike $100.00
2. Cruzee UltraLite Balance Bike - balance bike is a good alternative to tricycles and training wheels for your kids to learn how to ride a bicycle. This bike is made of rust-free anodized aluminum. It is very light one of the lightest bike in the world, weighing only 4.4 lbs(2kgs) which is great for kids. Kids will learn how to balance, steer, and it will develop their motor skills.
- Suggested age 1.5 to 5 yr
Cruzee UltraLite Balance Bike $159.99
3. WOOM BIKES USA Balance Bike - this balance bicycle has an amazing geometrical design. It is made from lightweight AL-6061 aluminum tubes and optimized for simple balancing, which is supported by an upright seating position and a steering lock limiter. It only weighs 7lbs (3.6kg). It is also equipped with high quality v-brakes for easy and effortless braking.
- Suggested age 18 mths-4 years
WOOM BIKES USA Balance Bike $199.00
4. Micro G-bike Chopper Balance Bike - the beach-style handlebars makes it easier for kids steer and it limits the steering radius that provides more stability for young kids. It weighs 5.4 lbs (4.45kgs)
- Suggested age 2 to 5yr
Micro G-bike Chopper Balance Bike $129.99
5. Dynacraft Magna Starburst Girl's Bike - this one is great for your little princess. It has a BMX frame that is decorated with vibrant pink and purple flowers with a matching hot pink seat, grips, pedals and training wheels. It has a "star Burst" decal. It's a great value for its price since this is only a training bike and they will eventually outgrow it.
- Suggested age 3 to 5yr
Dynacraft Magna Starburst Girl's Bike $50.24
Other bikes to consider:
Monday, November 21, 2016
Monday, November 7, 2016
If you have an electric bike its lifeblood is the electric batteries, it is the most important components of an electric bike. If you have a crappy batteries, your bike will give you a headache. Battery technology is evolving rapidly, so it’s hard to know what type of battery is best.
Here’s a guide to battery types for electric bikes:
Lead-acid Electric Bike Batteries or SLA - these batteries are sealed in a hard plastic case and can be turned in any orientation safely without leaking acid which makes them good for ebike use. They are cheap and easy to recycle. Lead acid batteries also has high power output unlike Lithium batteries that generally don’t like to handle too much current.
The downside for this is they are usually large and heavy, that limits where you can place them on your ebikes. They are also sensitive to bad treatment, and have a short lifespan about less than 200 cycles.
Since SLAs are heavy, it's advisable to mount your batteries as low as possible to keep the center of gravity of the ebike lower towards the ground. This will significantly improve your bike's handling.
Lithium Electric Bike Batteries - the best advantage of lithium batteries is their small size, you can fit them almost anywhere in your ebike frame and they are lightweight. Since they are small you can fit 2 or 3 mid to large capacity lithium batteries in your bike that can give you more range.
Lithium batteries that are designed specially for ebikes often come with specific bicycle mounting points that makes them very easy to attach to the bike frame, seat post or rear rack.
The big disadvantage of these batteries is the cost, they are much more expensive than lead acid batteries. Prices vary depending on the voltage and capacity of the lithium battery, but standard ebikes usually have lithium batteries starting in the $400 range. Another disadvantage is they are easy target for thieves since they are small and has a high price tags in the black market.
Types of lithium bike batteries includes:
Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) - most expensive lithium batteries, they last longer than others and also the safest.
Lithium Manganese Oxide (LiMn2O4) and Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (LiNiMnCoO2) - LiMn2O4 and LiNiMnCoO2 batteries fall into the mid range of lithium batteries in terms of size, weight, safety, lifespan and cost.
RC Lithium Polymer batteries (RC LiPo) - thase are the smallest, cheapest, lightest and most powerful lithium batteries. Unfortunately, they don't last long and can explode if not handled correctly.
Nickel-cadmium (NiCd) Electric Bike Batteries - type of rechargeable battery using nickel oxide hydroxide and metallic cadmium as electrodes. They have more capacity than lead-acid battery. However, nickel- cadmium is expensive and cadmium is a pollutant and hard to recycle which is bad for the environment.
Nickel-metal Hydride (NiMh) Electric Bike Batteries - they are more efficient than NiCd batteries and more expensive.
Monday, October 17, 2016
This Halloween the most popular mask
is the Donald Trump mask.
And the best part?
With a mouth full of candy and some makeup
you will sound and look just like him.
is the Donald Trump mask.
And the best part?
With a mouth full of candy and some makeup
you will sound and look just like him.
Friday, October 14, 2016
Normal, Illinois mayor Chris Koos is not just a mayor he's also a small business owner. He owns Vitesse Cycle Shop and Often Running, retail specialty stores in Uptown Normal. According to him being the mayor may technically be a part-time job. He's the only mayor in the United States who runs a bicycle shop just a few blocks from city hall. He said politics in the local level is more about service than politics. He has been in the cycling business for 36 years and he's the mayor of the town Since 2003.
Being a mayor and running a small business is something he enjoys, along with being able to say he's something no other mayor is.
"I'm the only Normal mayor in the United States"
ABC Breaking News | Latest News Videos
Friday, September 30, 2016
E-bike or electric bicycle, or sometimes referred to as booster bike, is a bicycle with an integrated electric motor which can be used for propulsion. There are huge variety of e-bikes that are available in the market today. There are e-bikes that only have a small motor to assist the rider's pedal-power like pedelecs to somewhat more powerful e-bikes that has a larger motor and looks like a moped but all of them retain the ability to be pedaled by the rider and are therefore not electric motorcycles.
E-bikes use rechargeable batteries and the lighter varieties can travel up to 25 to 32 km/h (16 to 20 mph), depending on the laws of the country in which they are sold, while the more high-powered varieties can often do in excess of 45 km/h (28 mph).
E-bikes are not only great for the environment since it lessen the usage of petroleum products they also make your commute to the office easier and sweat-free.
Before you start shopping around for a new e-bike, and spending thousand of dollars on a bike. Here are the questions that you should answer first:
1. What it is for? Daily commute to work or casual riding since if you'll be using it for your daily commute you need a more sturdy E-bike.
2. How far do you plan on traveling with it? since if you'll only use it for 10-20 miles, most e-bikes are capable. But for longer travel you'll need more assistance and larger batteries.
3. What type of terrain will you be traveling on? If you will only travel on flat terrain it will need less power, torque and cost. Hilly terrain may require you to pedal more and it will need more power.
5. How fast do you need to go? 15-20 mph is already fast for a bike.
6. How much weight can you deal with? Weight is really an important factor in owning an electric bike they may or may not fit in your lifestyle since they tend to be heavier than regular bikes.
7. What's your budget? A bigger budget means you can opt to have more power, sturdier bike, better batteries, longer life and lighter weight. If you have a smaller budget it will limit your choices. Electric bikes can cost anywhere from $499 to $2000 above. Is it worth investing in top-of-the-line LiFePo4 batteries since they last longer.
GoCycle G3 - it is an electric bike that is compact, fold-able, modern and not cluttered since it doesn't have cables, chains, gears or pinion. This bike is great for short city commute and in crowded streets since it has smaller frame that's easy to maneuver through cars. It is impressively nimble and its electric assistance will help propel you up to 15 mph. It is equipped with lights, automatic gears and you can control the amount of power using a phone app.
Electric folding bike design, GoCycle G3 black with base pack gift flight $5,060.00
E-GO BIKE 26" New Matt Black Electric Bicycle Mountain 48v500w Lithium Battery City Ebike $1,099.00
- Strong driving force 500W Motor
- Max Speed: 20 mph Shimano External 7 Speed gear
- PAS: 9 Level Speed Assistant Battery: Samsung 48V 10AH
- Bicycle Weight : 55 LBS Max loading 260 LBS
- Frame Material: Aluminum Alloy Mechanical disc brake
GenZe e101 Sport e-Bike $1,499.00
- Twist and go, pedal assist or traditional analog operation
- 36V, 8.7 AH Samsung battery; 36V, 250W brushless rear hub motor; 20mph on throttle mode
- LCD display with speed, distance, time and diagnostics
- Dual disc brakes, 7-speed Shimano thumb shifter
- Aluminum frame with 26"x1.75" wheels, 46lbs total weight
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Chicago bags the top spot for the most bike-friendly city in United States, according to Bicycling magazine. In 2014 ranking Chicago was in the 2nd spot while New York is on top, New York slid to number 4.
According to Bicycling Magazine editor-in-chief Bill Strickland Chicago was awarded the top spot because it has emphasized building infrastructure that separates cyclists from motorists. "Awareness of infrastructure, through separated bike lanes, is the next thing that needs to happen to really change cycling and what it means to live in an urban area," he said. He also lauded Chicago for increasing their Divvy bike share program into poor areas of the city.
San Francisco took the 2nd spot followed by Portland, OR. Here’s the Bicycling magazine’s top ten ranking for 2016:
- San Francisco
- Portland, OR
- New York
- Cambridge, MA
- Washington, D.C.
- Boulder, CO
However, some of cyclist in Chicago feels that the city don't deserve it since their bike lanes "are often clogged with illegally parked vehicles, torn up for utility work, or dangerously obstructed by construction projects." There's also a cycling accident that killed four cyclist.
24" Roadmaster Granite Peak Boys Mountain Bike $99.10
Schwinn Men's Wayfare Hybrid Bike, $209.99
Soondar® Water Resistant Cool 20 LED Bicycle Bike Cycling Wheel Light Safety Light Spoke Light Lamp Lightweight Accessory $9.99
Thursday, September 8, 2016
Thousand of naked participants are expected to take part and ride their bike around the street of downtown Philadelphia for the 8th year Philadelphia Naked Bike Ride that will be held on September 10, 2016.
The Philadelphia naked bike ride is to promote the importance of fuel conscious consumption, positive body image, and cycling advocacy. People are encouraged to join. The event has a "bare as you dare" dress code, but you don't have to ride naked if you don't feel like it.
For more information on the bike ride check out their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pnbrfan/
Past photos of their ride:
Check out more photos here
26" wheel Roadmaster Granite Peak Men's Mountain Bike $97.64
Taotronics Bike Phone Mount Bicycle Holder, Universal Cradle Clamp for iOS Android Smartphone GPS other Devices $13.99
Razor High Roller BMX/Freestyle Bike, 20-Inch $89.99
Stowabike 26" MTB V2 Folding Dual Suspension 18 Speed Gears Mountain Bike $159.99