Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Odd Halfbike

halfbike, onewheel bike, bike, one-wheel bike

halfbike, onewheel bike, bike, one-wheel bike


This bike is pretty interesting ang it's quite unusual. A newly invented odd halfbike that is said to make cycling in city streets easier and more practical eventhough you have to steer through a pole. The halfbike is steered using a central pole, it is equipped with a large wheel and two small stabiliser wheels.

The inventors said that the bike is easy to carry since it is small and you can combine both running and cycling. 

Martin Angelov, the inventor of the halfbike said, "I started sketching different concepts for a simplified bike and soon reached a point where I needed to test these concepts in real life." "For some of the early prototypes I used old bicycles and parts I found at the attic. I was amazed how well people reacted to the idea and that made me want to keep up."


Based on what I've watched on the video, it seems hard to steer but really good for working-out. If we can just place a small motor that can assist pedaling, it will be great for daily commute since it is small and easy to carry. 



No comments:

Post a Comment